Kennedy Wilson Europe Real Estate Plc (KWE) is committed to protecting the privacy of users of this website. This policy explains how we will use any personal information we collect about you when you use this website. Please read this policy carefully.
Last updated: 27 May 2016
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the “data controller” for this website is Kennedy Wilson Europe Real Estate Plc, (114680) with a registered address at 47 Esplanade, St Helier, Jersey JE1 0BY, Channel Islands. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we may collect from you
- We (or third party service providers acting on our behalf) may collect or generate information about you that you provide us when you sign up for email updates, provide us with feedback and/or contact us by email via the website. This information may include details such as your name, email address, telephone number and preferences.
- We may also collect information about your use of the website using cookies, which may typically include your IP address, operating system, browser type, URL, details of the web pages you have viewed.
How we use the information
We collect different types of information about our users via this website for the following reasons:
- to enable us to provide the services or information which you have requested;
- to tailor this website so the content is relevant to you;
- to collect statistics, traffic patterns and related site information. We aggregate this data and it does not identify any individual website users. We use it for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes.
We may pass on or allow access to your information:
- to our suppliers, contractors and professional advisors where this is necessary for them to provide services and facilities to us;
- to any purchaser of all or part of our business or any of our properties to which this website relates;
- where we are required to do so by law, court order or other legal process;
- where, acting in good faith, we believe disclosure is necessary to assist in the investigation or reporting of suspected illegal or other wrongful activity;
- to protect and defend our rights or property.
Disclosure to others
We may disclosure your personal information to any company or other corporate entity under our control.
We may pass aggregate information on the usage of the website to selected third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, the personal data held by us about our website visitors will be one of the transferred assets.
Unless required to do so by law or as otherwise set out in this Privacy Statement, we will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us unless we have your consent to do so.
Where we store your personal data for the purpose of receiving email alerts
The data that you provide to us for the purpose of receiving email alerts to is processed and managed for us by MailChimp. The information you provide is stored by MailChimp in the EEA (European Economic Area). We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing this website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge our processing of personal data in this way. However, we will endeavour to protect all personal information collected through this website in accordance with strict data protection standards.
You may correct or update the information we store about you by changing your preferences or unsubscribing at any time by logging into the alert service and making the necessary changes.
Links to other websites
This Privacy Statement only applies to this website. We may from time to time provide links to other websites. Please note that such websites have their own privacy policies and that KWE does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Changes to our privacy statement
We may make changes to this Privacy Statement in the future. Any such changes will be outlined on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check this page frequently to keep abreast of our latest Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to these changes, please do not continue to use the website.